Monday, January 4, 2010

San Francisco Palace of Fine Arts at dusk



I was finally able to photograph the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco at dusk. This was a really tough random point in time moment. For years I have been trying to shoot this at dusk. San Francisco is a beautiful place to visit and I would choose one or two spots to photograph the random point in time. The first time I tried to to shoot this scene, they erected a tall chain link fence around the area. About a year later, I came back and the fence was still there, along with construction on the grounds. Two years past and the chain link fence was finally gone but the Palace of Fine Arts now had scaffolding around the building. Finally another 2 years past and I finally got my shot! It was quite a scare because the night before, it was a cold and rainy night. There is just something magical about the light at dusk.

Nikon D700, 35mm, f8.0, 5s, ISO 200


This shot was handheld with a 50mm lens while leaving. This was past dusk and the tripod was packed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment