Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Berlin Wall on Wilshire



For 2 days while driving home, I passed by this open art exhibit and I was wondering what was going on. To me it looked like pieces of the Berlin Wall. The weird thing is that I have actually seen 2 different pieces of the real Berlin Wall before and it has always been behind a fence so that you can't touch it. After some quick searching on the Internet, I found out that it is in fact real pieces of the Berlin Wall! Currently there are 7 pieces on display in Los Angeles. There should be 10 total when the exhibit is complete. This will be the most pieces of the Berlin Wall ever shown outside of Europe.
This a perfect random point in time moment as I was capturing different random points in time before me.

Nikon D5000, 35mm, f8.0, 1/125, ISO 200


I believe this is the West Berlin Side.


I believe this is the East Berlin Side.


More information on The Wall Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment