Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Berlin Wall on Wilshire Final Display



Finally, I was able to see the 10 pieces of the Berlin Wall on display. With the 10 pieces up, this is the largest single display of the Berlin Wall outside of Europe. They did not put up the final 3 pieces until the final week of the exhibit. Unfortunately for me, it was also the same week we were moving our office so I didn't get to see the artwork until nighttime. It was after 6PM and with the daylight savings time change, it was already dark. I did not bring a tripod with me but lucky for me, I had decided to take along my trusty D700 instead of my D5000. The D700 can basically shoot in the dark. The security guard looked at me and kindly moved away so that I can take my picture. I was happy to successfully capture this random point in time!

Nikon D700, 50mm, f2.8, 1/80, ISO 6400

No comments:

Post a Comment